Saturday 11 August 2012

Pepperwood Bistro

Pepperwood Bistro
1455 Lakeshore Road
Burlington, Ontario

905-333-6999


In her opinion:
The Pepperwood Bistro reminds me of a Parisian cafe or bistro. The chairs on their patio are exactly like the ones I sat in during my trip to Paris a few years ago. They also have a very nice tree lined view of the Lake Ontario which adds to its charm! We've been coming here for years and have always enjoyed it very much. So on a gorgeous sunny Sunday in July, we took my mom for brunch/lunch at this little gem in Burlington.

We were seated right away and shown to a table for four. Our attentive waitress came to take our drink orders right away. And after going over their extensive menu we were ready to order.

My mom had the Steak Frites. She was a little concern at first that this didn't come with any salad or veggies. But I reassured her that she could have part of my salad if she shared her abundant frites with me. Her Steak Frites came with an 8-oz. Angus top sirloin with fresh cut Yukon frites, pickled lemon mayonnaise and pink peppercorn sauce "au poivre". 



She asked for the peppercorn sauce on the side and her steak Well Done. It came on the well side of Medium Well(which is a better way to enjoy steak then Well Done in my opinion)so she was a little concerned at first but ate it that way. She really enjoyed the frites. As did I with the pickled lemon mayo. So good.

For my entree, I picked the Farmer's Omelette. This was three egg omelette with chorizo sausage, sweet peppers and goat's cheese. It was served with a bistro salad.



I rather enjoyed this omelette. I thought the chorizo was excellent. I loved the goat's cheese and how it added the right amount of pungency to the dish. 

Overall, a very good brunch in a great spot. I would definitely recommend the Pepperwood Bistro to anyone and will definitely return in the near future.




In his opinion:
Great atmosphere is one of the reasons we keep coming back to this place. It's perfect location by the lake, the Parisian like chairs and proximity of tables, the great craft beer and lastly the very good food are the other reasons.

We have been to the Pepperwood Bistro many times but oddly we have never had a meal inside. After all, it's the allure of the patio that makes us return whether it;s a beautiful summer sunny day or a crisp fall afternoon.



This experience falls into the beautiful summer day category and the patio was packed as usual. We had no reservation but lucked out when a couple of tables were just leaving as we arrived. We were promptly seated, given the brunch and drink menus and had our drink orders taken. 

This being a great craft beer place I opted for Mill St. Organic but unfortunately after what seemed to be an eternity, the waitress comes back to tell me they have run out of Organic. I ordered another craft beer and to my surprise she shows up with what she said was Mill St. Organic  that she found in the back. It wasn't but at this point I just wanted a beer so I drank it.

Thankfully, that was the only small glitch in this experience. I ordered the Croque Monsieur Sandwich. It is one of my favorite sandwiches and I reckon I don't have it enough times. It was some very tasty shaved smoked ham on crispy baked ciabatta bread, with creamy Mornay and emmenthal gratinee and frites and kosher pickle. It was beautifully presented and tasted accordingly.
There is something so familial about this sandwich to me, reminds me of my childhood so it's an easy choice for me.


It was again a wonderful day in the sun, on a gorgeous patio sitting lakeside in Burlington. It's a definite try if you are ever in the Burlington are.



Pepperwood Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment